Saturday, December 8, 2007

Agricultural sector

I'm going to show you another sector that I will be investing in when we get a pullback. That is of course agriculture. The powershares ETF DBA is one way to play this sector. Unfortunately there are only four components to this ETF, corn, wheat, soybeans and sugar. Other than sugar the other three are right near all time highs so I'm not keen to be jumping in at the moment but I will be when we get a pullback. Notice the recent weakness in the market had almost no effect on agricultural prices. When I see corn, wheat and soybeans pullback I will be looking to get into this ETF. Like precious metals agricultural prices have severely underperformed during the first phase of the commodities bull market. They will most likely outperform during the second. They already are :)